Thursday, August 27, 2009

It's been a few days since Ironman 70.3 Phils and I'm feeling really good. I'm not as sore as how I felt from my first half IM.

To give a run low down on what happened from Friday til the big day, here it goes.

Friday morning I wake up with a freaking cold and a slight fever. Who the F*$k gave this to me??? Must have gotten it wedneday night from one of the guys at the gathering. (only to confirm that one guy I was talking to had the flu..geeezzzz.)

Blast of Vitamin C, cold medicine and keep checking my temperature. Take a cold shower and check body temperature. Almost normal. Dang.. Flight in 4 hours and I feel crappy cause of a running nose. Not a good sign. Still have to pack my clothes. The bikes left at 3:30 am for CAMSUR with the support crew.

I decide to sit outside by the pool to get some fresh air as I figured this would help. Temperature now normal but still feeling a little crappy but it's time to head on out to my brother's place as I'm just cathcing a ride with him. We get to the airport early enough that we're able to grab a bite as we haven't had breakfast. Damn, it's freezing in this new terminal, NAIA 3. Bad thing is I forgot to bring a jacket and I'm wearing shorts and t-shirt. Only good thing is that I have that bonnet that I use for cold weather so I put it on. I go to the gift shop hoping to find a jacket big enough that would fit me. WRONG!!! This sucks. It's freezing in here. Maybe if I put on another shirt, it will help warm my body. Uh-oh.. now my cold had gotten worse cause of the cold temperature. Shoot... This is going to be a challenge keeping my snot from running down my mouth while in the plane. Passengers might think I have N1H1. Better wear a mask in the plane.

Plane takes off... nice view... 20 mins into cruise, we start our descent. Never knew it was this close. cool!!! Just arrived NAGA Airport. Stepping out of the plane, it was HOT but good for my cold. We're instructed to get into this bus with everyone else and they wisk us off to CWC, Camsur Watersports Complex. Only bad part of the bus ride was IT WAS FREAKING COLD again.

Check in time. They can't find my name where i'll be staying. I reserved 2 rooms. 1 for M.O.S.S TRI Team and the other for our crew. WTF. They keep asking me my last name and keep telling me "sir, are you sure you made a booking?". Patience.. patience.. I calmly reply, yes I am sure because my credit card has been charged and I received an email confirmation. (oh god pls dont ask for that email as I didnt bring a copy). Finally, I hear this "here it is sir. You're in the other cabins" My reaction, none. Please give me my meal stubs and my keys. But before heading back to our room, time to check in with Iron Man People for our race packet while there aren't that many people in line.

Good Morning. I'm Jose Amado L. Mamuric, individual competitor for the Ironman. She replies politely. Good morning sir. Is this your first time to do this distance? I said nope with confidence but I know its going to be a painful day on Sunday. My brother on the otherhand is asked to go to the event doctor just to make sure that he's fit. I should know. We trained together. But, better to be safe than sorry.

We make our way to our cabana. Quaint little thing. My bedroom is bigger than this but it will do. The three of us should be ok. First thing we do, ask the housekeeping people to remove the box mattress to make more space since one was sleeping on the floor. Hmm... TIme to send the staff into town to buy our supplies and a sleeping cot, extra towels, 2 pillows, blankets for our third member in the room.

No comments: