Sunday, January 18, 2009

It has been a good day today. I was able to get some much needed rest. Tomorrow is going to be another great week of training despite the fact that my legs are still aching from the ride yesterday. It wasn't a long ride, only 50km but the gear settings was on the heaviest side so even on the uphill, I wasn't allowed to shift. That was the painful part.

I know that it is not going to get any easier as the ironman maintenance program will only last another 3 weeks then I go to my peak training program. It will be more time consuming and will require more patience. It will also be more painful at times but hey, it was my choice to get into this thing.

I would rather overprepare (if there's such thing) than under prepare and say "I should have done this and that" on the day of the event.

No comments: